March 29, 2018

Pattern Testing: Isobel

My latest pattern test is the Isobel dress and top pattern by Violette Field Threads. I sewed a size 5 dress version for Dede with flutter sleeves, and a double skirt with bottom ruffle! Isobel can also be made top length, sleeveless, with side ties, or with a simple skirt. 

There are endless ways to use trims and lace on Isobel! I added crochet lace on each side of the contrasting side panels. I kept my Isobel super traditional, using fabric from Joann's "vintage" line of premium quilting cotton.


 Photographing this test came at the perfect time to capture Dede's new smile. She finally lost the second of her front teeth after it was hanging by a thread for several weeks. This was the 3rd tooth she's lost this month!





It has a unique wrap skirt and double breasted back that can feature either 4 or 6 buttons. I love using wooden buttons whenever possible :D

No comments:

Post a Comment