October 24, 2009

Simple Sewing For Baby

I've been wanting to start sewing things for Mollie for a while now, since there are SO many cute things you can make for babies, especially little girls! Then last week I found this book at JoAnn's, Simple Sewing For Baby by Lotta Jansdotter. There are so many awesome projects in there, I want to do every single one of them right away! Some of them are: winter hats & scarves, stuffed rattles, bibs, a simple dress, hooded towels, and cloth books. I was getting really inspired while looking through it when Mollie was taking a nap, so I decided to do the easiest project in the book...The book comes with the patterns to make everything, and also stencils for decorating shirts, onesies, bags, etc. so I grabbed a plain t-shirt of Mollie's and stenciled it. I could have definately taken more time on it to make sure the edges were a little neater but I think it's pretty cute...

I need a little refresher course on how to use a sewing machine but I think that this week I'll try to make one of the hats (and maybe a scarve) from the book. Wish me luck!

And here's a little picture of Mollie sitting on my lap watching tv with me. I think her cheeks are getting chubby!

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin, you are going to enjoy sewing for your precious little one. I used to love to sew for my little ones.....including YOU. I remember making matching dresses for you and Twin Baby. (Your doll, not your brother!) Do you remember that?

    Love y'all

    ReplyDelete