February 15, 2010

Valentines Day!

Here are Mollie and I in the dress' I made for us to wear on Valentine's Day. I really like both of them. Mine is from the same pattern as the other two dresses I made, but with pleated sleeves, and the slim skirt. Also, i left out the pockets. The pattern is Simplicity 2588. I'd like to make my next dress from a different pattern, but who knows, I might use this one again! It's really nice not to have to cut out all of the pattern pieces again and again.
And here is what Stu made me...
You might not be able to tell, but the halves of the heart are two different pieces, riveted together. This is our fourth Valentine's day together, and every year Stu has made me some sort of metal heart.

2 comments:

  1. I loooooooooove Mollie's dress!!!! As for the metal heart, you could donate one to the tin man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Caitlin,
    Your dress is Lovely. You should be on the front of the Simplicity pattern. Thank you for posting this Valentine picture of you and Sweet Mollie.
    What a nice metal heart. Your talented husband has started a sweet tradition, giving you a heart each Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete