I finally got back to my "Monday baking" today, with this extremely simple "brownie" recipe from Family Fun. Here are all of the ingredients..
The measurements are 4.5 Tbsp melted butter, one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs, and 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips. You just mix up the ingredients, pour them into your baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Here is something I made for Mollie a few weeks ago. I wanted to do a long sleeved peasant-style dress for Fall. It's a little big for Mollie right now, and also a little too short to be a dress so it'll be more like a little tunic. I didn't use a pattern but I know that there are a lot of free tutorials online that you could find.
Here is another Fall dress for Mollie. I just think it looks like the perfect back-to-school dress for a little girl! The fabric is corduroy. JoAnn's has SO many cute corduroys right now. The dress isn't actually done yet. I still have to hem it, and after I sewed the zipper on, I realized that the zipper was broken so I have to seam rip it out, buy a new one, and sew it on!
This was my first time to use any kind of trim, but I think it really adds something.
There are two little pockets on the front of the dress, you couldn't really see them in the top picture, but here is a closeup of one.
You probably think I gave up or forgot about my goal to make a dress for myself each month! But I haven't!
Here's my "May" dress. Please excuse the wrinkles, I haven't ironed it yet because I still haven't worn it!
Here is my "June" dress. The pattern was a free pattern I found online. The fabric was a really cheap $1/yard fabric from Walmart, and I kindof wish I'd used better fabric. When I pre-washed and dried it, the blue lost some of it's brightness, and the fabric felt like it got thinner!
You can see that the underside of the collar is the main fabric. The pattern has you make both sides of the collar in the contrasting fabric, but I thought it would look cooler this way. You might also notice the straight pin in the placket. I STILL have to sew on the buttons and make the button holes. I don't know why I've waited this long.