June 3, 2011

Last Minute Sewing For Baby

I made this reversible sling today from this tutorial. It's super simple and you just need two yards of fabric.



You can see the inside fabric a little better here..



































Yesterday I made this flannel swaddler from "Simple Sewing for Baby" by Lotta Jansdotter. I was going to make another scalloped baby blanket from these fabrics but the baby really doesn't need any more blankets (or burp cloths or any of the typical baby stuff you'd make out of flannel). I was torn about whether a flannel swaddler would be too hot, but I decided to go for it, since most baby blankets are flannel anyway, and it'll start getting cool again in a few months.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE That swaddle material you picked out! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love both of these projects! I am trying desperately to do my own last minute sewing but is frustrating me so badly that I have walked away from it several times! Maybe it will be done today? :)

    ReplyDelete