August 2, 2011

Crafty To-Do List

I have so many crafty things running around in my head that I want to do in the next few months that I thought I'd make a list:
  • Make more skirts & blouses. I was excited to start making dresses again now that I'm not pregnant but then I remembered recently how hard it is to wear dresses when breastfeeding!
  • Participate in this Sew-a-long. A sew-a-long is where a group of people decide to sew something from the same pattern at the same time (the Rooibos dress from Colette Patterns in this case). They are led by the author of a blog who gives step-by-step instructions beyond what is in the actual pattern. I've never joined one before because they usually use patterns that you can't just buy at Walmart or Joann's, but I happen to already have this pattern so I decided to give it a try.
  • Learn to crochet this chunky wrap/scarf, this ruffle scarf, and this neck cuff 
  • Learn to make hairbows for Mollie
  • Make some jewelry for myself, like this, this, this, or this
  • Do more arts/craft projects with Mollie
  • Make a few more tutus for Mollie (she has one and wants to wear it all the time!). I love these, this,  and this one.
  • Buy some cabachons to make some earrings and hair accessories for myself
  • Organize a crafty get-together for the ladies at church
  • Work on Delia's 1st year scrapbook. I did one for Mollie and still have a few more pages to do. But I'm going to keep it super simple with Delia's scrapbook by using the same layout for each month, and using one set of patterned paper for the whole thing. The hardest part will be choosing my favorite 4 pictures from each month!
  • Organize/decorate Mollie's room. Mollie sleeps in a toddler bed in our room (I just feel more comfortable having her close, especially when Stu's gone), so we don't spend a ton of time in her actual room. But I want to turn it into more of a "play room" for her and Delia so we can start spending more time in there. I joined pinterest, a website where you can browse millions of pictures by category, and have gotten lots of ideas. Unfortunately I can't do some things I'd like to since we are renting and can't put holes into the walls, but there are a lot of things I can do. I'll try to share my progress on organizing the room though.
Mollie getting crafty at VBS. I hope she loves to do crafts as much as I do when she's older!

No comments:

Post a Comment