October 1, 2011

A New Addiction

I think I have a new addiction: making hairbows! A blog I read, Make It & Love It, posted this tutorial for "simple bow hair clips" yesterday. I realized that the non-slip grip that is used in so many hairbows these days is actually non-slip shelf liner. Stu had just bought some for something a few days ago. We have a ton left over and I was just thinking, "I wonder if there's anything else we can use this stuff for?" I bought some alligator clips a year ago to try making some bows, but never got around to it. I have a ton of ribbon left over from projects, so I decided to give these a try. I love when I have all the supplies on hand to make something I see on a blog!
 
I started with this one, following the instructions in the tutorial..
..and then got a little more creative with the next three
This is the perfect project for a mom of little kids because each one takes just a few minutes, and it doesn't make any noise (unlike a sewing machine) that would wake babies/kids up from naptime!
 Here you can see how the shelf liner is used..
I let Mollie pick her favorite one to wear today and this is the one she chose..
It looks very "Minnie Mouse" to me, I wonder if that's why she chose it!?

2 comments:

  1. I so needed to see this when Rachel was little - I never could get a stinking barrett or bow to stay in her hair! What a difference shelf liner would have made! And the bow part is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete