March 1, 2012

Art With Mollie: The Very Hungry Caterpillar & James the Train

Mollie was sitting on my lap this morning as I was reading some blogs. There was a picture of the Hungry Caterpillar on one of them and she told me she wanted to make a Hungry Caterpillar. Well, I have a whole Pinterest Board dedicated to The Very Hungry Caterpillar crafts/decorations/food ideas that I've been compiling for Mollie's birthday party. So I opened up the Pinterest board, and this is the one she wanted to do. Coincidentally, I just threw away an empty egg carton last night, so I dug through the trash a little bit (it was almost on top), and we made it!
The only thing we did differently was use a black twisty-tie for the antenna.
 I wouldn't consider this an art project so I didn't want to do a whole post about it, but I wanted to share one of my favorite pictures that Mollie has drawn so far. She loves Thomas the Tank Engine. I let her watch it on PBS a few months ago , and I was a little surprised that she was even interested. We don't have TV anymore, but she has one Thomas book, and we just rented a DVD of Thomas videos from the library. She's a huge fan, knows all of the trains' names, and likes to pretend that each person in our family is a different train. Anyway, a few mornings ago, she wanted us each to draw James (one of the trains). So I started drawing him on my paper, and she started drawing hers. It was obvious that she was trying to draw him just like mine :) She did ask me to draw the "body" for her, but she did everything else by herself. I love the face she gave him. She's just started drawing eyebrows on people. Can you tell what everything is?
Just in case I'm the only one, I labeled everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment