March 13, 2012

A Quilt for Baby Shannon

I can finally post pictures of the first quilt I made, now that my newest niece, Shannon, who was born on January 31st received the quilt I made her back in November! I used this pattern. It was very simple, and I recommend it to anyone wanting to get started quilting! One of the reasons it's so good for a beginner is that there are no intersecting lines that need to line up perfectly.
 Its a little hard to tell in the pictures, but the white fabric in between each row has tiny white polka-dots on it - I think that might be my favorite part of the quilt.
 Here is the fabric I used for the backing. I made the binding using the leftover fabrics that I used on the quilt. I really like the look of a "scrappy binding" (yes, that's a real term!) and it's a great way to use leftover scraps.
 I love my new little niece, and I hope she loves this quilt :)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt! I like the colors and the way you quilted it and the binding.

    ReplyDelete