June 17, 2012

Delia's Pinwheel Party

For Delia's birthday I invited over a few friends & their kids for a low-key pinwheel themed lunch!

Here are the invitations I made.


I had hoped to have the party outside but it rained the morning of the party. Having the party inside did make setting up a lot easier though! 

I was able to do almost all of the decorations for the party with things I already had. The only things I ended up buying were these two picture frames, food, and the party favors!

I had a bunch of crochet lace doilies leftover from a craft I led at the church's Ladies Retreat two years ago, so I cut them in half and sewed them onto pink bias tape to make this bunting. The other bunting I made with the leftover fabric from Mollie's Easter dresses from this year and last year.
 

As far as food, I knew I had to make these pinwheel cookies. My mom has been making them at Christmas-time for as long as I can remember.  

We also had roasted garlic white bean hummus (using this recipe)...

..vegetables to dip in it..

..turkey & lettuce wraps, PB&J pinwheels..

..fruit..

..and strawberry-mint water.



Delia has really taken to Jenny and crawls right up into her lap. That may not sound like a big deal, but for a baby who's super attached to mama, it is!

"Reading"..


The basket of books we have out was a hit with all the kiddos..


Each kid left with a vintage-style Little Golden Book.

I went back and forth on whether or not I'd throw Delia a party, but I'm glad I did. It was a nice, simple, inexpensive get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment