January 21, 2013

Snow Ice Cream

Can you believe I've lived in Alaska for most of my life, but have never had "snow ice cream"? I've eaten plenty of snow, but never this way. 

There are recipes with exact measurements out there, but you don't need a recipe. All you need is:
   Snow - We had so much snow that I just stood on our porch and filled a giant bowl with a single scoop!
   Vanilla extract - I used a little less than 1 Tbsp. This really adds a lot of flavor. 
   Sugar - I used several Tbsps. You could also use maple syrup or honey.
   Milk/Cream - The recipes I'd seen used milk, but I had heavy whipping cream on hand and decided to 
                          give it a try, and I think that is why ours turned out so delicious! It was actually pretty 
                          comparable to real homemade ice cream! I didn't measure the cream, just drizzled it all                                       
                          over the snow.


I just set our bowl on the floor so that the girls could help mix it up and we ended up just eating it there too.









Yum, we will definitely be doing this each time it snows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment