June 21, 2013

Sewing For My Boy: MORE Quilt Plans

Well, I finished the quilt I was making for our baby boy almost a month ago before we moved to Michigan (oh yeah, we moved to Michigan!). I will do a whole blog post about it soon, I promise (both the move and the quilt).
 
My mom has made it a tradition to sew a quilt for each new grandchild, so
I was browsing online for some fabric that I liked, and came across this one. I'm not normally into the cartoony kid prints, but I loved this one. It kind of has an ABC theme, with some really cool illustrations for each letter. The charm packs (stack of 5" squares) for this collection were on super sale at Fat Quarter Shop, so I went ahead and bought two.
 
I thought it would be cool to use it for a chevron quilt, like one of these. I'm not sure if I like it better with the rows of white (or another color, maybe gray?) in between the prints, or with just the prints, what do you think?: 
 
 I'm liking this one..
 
..and this one a lot too..

 
The fabric got here last week, and it's been really hard for me not to cut it up and get started myself. Then I saw this quilt and fell in love!! It's just a simple patchwork quilt, but the gingham look makes it so much more interesting. Now the plan is for my mom to make this quilt, and I'll go ahead and get started on the other one.
 
A few other things I'd like to make before baby's born are one of these sailboat softies..

..some burp cloths..
 
..and a sun hat. I've got the fabric all cut out for one of these already, using a free pattern from Oliver & S. I've made one before, here

No comments:

Post a Comment