September 11, 2014

Fall Sewing for the Girls

Last Monday, the girls and I got up early and left the house before Stu and Lincoln had woken up. We were headed to the closest Joann Fabrics. I had been daydreaming of doing some Fall sewing for the girls. I don't know about you, but I feel like as soon as it hits September, Fall is here, so it seemed like the perfect day to get started. Of course we had to stop at Starbucks for the first pumpkin spice latte of the season!! The closest Joanns and Starbucks are nearly 30 minutes away, so both have become a rare treat.

I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to sew, but I wanted to make at least one dress and one skirt for each of them. So we painstakingly chose 8 coordinating fabrics, and I got a yard of each. While we were there, I saw a paper pattern, and fell in love with it for Mollie's dress. It was the Picture Perfect Dresses pattern by Ellie Mae designs. This dress took a lot of time, but it was worth it!


For Delia's dress, I used this pattern that I found on Etsy. It went much quicker than Mollie's dress, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I love the fact that the back of the bodice has two rows of elastic in it, so it pulls right over the head with no zipper or buttons. 


I was going for the kinda-crazy, mismatched style made popular by the Matilda Jane clothing company. I think I nailed it, if I say so myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment