January 26, 2010

Valentine's Day Dress

Here are some pictures of the dress I made Mollie for Valentine's Day. I had two 50% off coupons for JoAnn's so I decided to get some fabric to make a dress for me to wear on Valentine's day, and since V-day is on a Sunday this year, I thought I'd make one for Mollie too. I started off looking in the pink and red fabrics and there were soooo many cute ones to choose from for Mollie's dress but then I saw these fabrics and knew I had to make something using them. I love the bright pink and cream colors, and you probably can't tell in this first picture, but those are little bees on the collar! Not cartoony bees, but real looking ones! I didn't end up finding any fabric for myself but I was so excited about this fabric that I didn't mind. I ended up finishing the dress the next day (except for the buttons, which I still haven't done) and it is going to be really hard to not dress Mollie in it before Valentine's day. I actually used the same pattern that I used for the "Felicity" dress that I just blogged about, just a different variation...



1 comment:

  1. Oh Caitlin...that is the sweetest little dress! Mollie will look so darling in it. What color are you going to put on her legs and feet. I almost wonder if she wouldn't look really cute in black tights and black dress shoes with a little black sweater on. Let me know what you are going to do. You are really doing a great job! Isn't it fun to be creative?

    ReplyDelete