August 11, 2010

New Coats

Here are some pictures of Mollie trying on the coat I'm making her. I started working on a pea-coat for myself out of this fabric, and had a lot left, so I started thinking about doing one for Mollie too.

I used Simplicity 2668, the same pattern I used for THIS jacket for Mollie. I changed it a little bit so that it would overlap more in the front. The pattern doesn't have you line it but I decided to since the main fabric is kindof scratchy. I was trying to figure out what to line it with when I remembered some jersey fabric (t-shirt material) that I had that was the same color (kindof muted turquoise) that is in the coat fabric, so that is what I used. Using jersey for the lining made it so soft and cozy, I'm almost tempted to line mine with it too!


  1. I love your new layout and the coat (and model) are gorgeous!

  2. Caitlin,
    All of these pictures of Mollie are so precious. She is just darling. I cannot believe how amazing you are a sewing. The little coat is really beautiful. It makes me want to learn how to sew so much. I wish that you could come over and teach me some things. I have a sewing machine that I'm afraid of.