September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Mollie

Yep, you read that right. Mollie thinks it's her birthday today. I told her that we were going to make a cake to take to Grammy and Pappy's tonight, and she said it was her birthday cake and that we were going to her birthday party. She has talked about it on and off all day and says she "can't wait"!

I've been letting her help me bake by measuring the ingredients out for her and then letting her pour them in. Here she is pretending, before we got started:
 I made this little skirt for Mollie this week out of some leftover fabric from a baby sling I made. I used brown grosgrain ribbon to hem it:
She actually really likes this skirt, which makes me really happy. I woke up to her crawling into my bed the other morning wearing this skirt! She had found it wherever I left it and put it on.
Here is the finished product: Mollie's "birthday cake". It's a Cinnamon Roll Cake and I got the recipe right here.

And last but not least,

Delia getting cross-eyed looking at her hand..
 She's been sucking on her hand a lot, and has found her thumb a few times.



No comments:

Post a Comment