January 19, 2012

Mollie's Drawings

Mollie has been able to hold and control a pen/crayon really well for a long time..
..but totally surprised me one day last week by bringing me this drawing of a bird. It's a little bit abstract, but I can see it. I thought she might have just drawn a random shape and decided it looked like a bird, so I didn't think much of it. 
 But then she drew this little guy and told me it was Stu..
 And ever since then she's been drawing people and a few animals anytime she gets a chance to draw!



 I thought these tiny people were funny, they're only about a 1/2" tall. About a month ago she had a piece of paper at church with a ton of tiny people drawn on it that look exactly like these little guys, and I thought she'd just found it but I guess maybe she had drawn them.
 Here's Delia (I drew the cat and bodies at the top of the page. She clearly didn't get her drawing skills from me)..
 She said that the red guy with the giant head is Stu, and the smaller blue one with the red stuff coming out of it's head is a whale!



Anyways, I just thought I'd share these. They are pretty fascinating to me, as her mom, and I'm excited to see her drawing progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment