I finally finished the quilt I've been making for Mollie (I blogged about it here). I ended up having to use some of the bright pink fabric that came with the fat quarter bundle because I didn't have enough of the other fabrics, but it's growing on me now. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I think it looks even better in person!
I wasn't sure how to quilt it. I wanted to try free motion quilting and quilt all over, but I would have had to order a special foot for my sewing machine and wouldn't have been able to get it done in time for Christmas, so I just did diagonal lines that intersect in the middle of the squares.
I made the binding out of the leftover grey fabrics. Hand-stitching on the binding has become one of my favorite parts of quilting, and I love that you can't see any of the stitches!
Here's the backing. It has the same white with pink polka dot fabric from the top, with a border of the pink flower print:
She likes it!