One of the things I plan to give Mollie and Delia for Easter each year is a new Easter dress. I did both of their dresses in striped seersucker this year. Partly because I had a bunch of this blue striped seersucker in my stash that I wanted to use up, but also because nothing is more spring-y than seersucker! Here are some details from Delia's dress. The pattern I used was Simplicity 2668.
I used fold over elastic lace inside the armholes instead of bias tape. It's both softer and prettier, I think.
I also decided not to put a zipper in the back. It just seems weird to me to have a zipper in the back of a baby dress, I don't know why! Instead, I sewed up the back, leaving a slit a few inches long, and made a little fabric loop for a single button at the top.
More pictures to come once she wears it on Easter. Mollie's dress just needs a few more finishing touches. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few good pictures of them together in their dresses!