June 27, 2012

Weekend Sewing

In the past few months, I have done less sewing than I have since I started sewing close to 3 years ago. Delia's naps are just not long enough to get much done. When I start a sewing project, it's really hard for me to sew in short spurts. I'm usually really excited and finishing the project is all I can think about! I'll sew any chance I get until the project's done, letting the kids make messes and ignoring the household things I should be doing because I feel like I just can't wait to see the finished product.  I hate feeling like I'm ignoring the kids and my responsibilities, but I just feel so rejuvenated when I get to do something creative. Please tell me I'm not the only mom who feels this way sometimes :)

Anyway, all that to say that it felt so good to get to do some sewing over the weekend. I made this little bucket hat for a 1 year old boy, using this free pattern. It's not really a beginner pattern, but if you already know how to sew, I'd recommend it. I love sewing something that's super functional. Mollie and Delia wear this style of hat any time it's sunny out, and I hope to make them each one out of this pattern. However, I'd recommend making the hat in the next size up. I made the 12-24 month size, and it fits Delia's 12 month old head perfectly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment