June 26, 2012

12 Months Old

I had a really hard time getting pictures of Delia on her quilt this month. She just would not lay back! I remember Mollie being the same way towards the end of her first year. I guess it's a good thing that this was the last of these monthly photo shoots, now that Delia is one!

Delia is still a soft-spoken little girl. She is saying "Dada" now, and there have been 3 or 4 times where I could have sworn she said "Delia". I guess that could have been a coincidence, but she is saying something that sounds like Delia! She does say "mama", but it's very rare. It's always when she's been crying and I go to pick her up, she cries, "ma ma ma ma".

She's much closer to walking this month. A few weeks ago she started standing up by herself, and now she does it non-stop. She's cruising furniture like a pro, and there have been two times where she has taken a step or two. 

She's really enjoying looking at books now, which makes me so happy :) I love realizing that she's been super quiet, then looking around to find her flipping through a book on her own.

I can't believe how blonde her hair has gotten, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Mollie started out with light brown hair too, and it slowly turned blonde as the year went on. I'm eager to see if Delia's hair will be wavy, like Stu and Mollie's, or stick-straight like mine!

She's gotten her first molar in the last week, and I can tell that it bothered her for a day or two, but she seems fine now. 

I think she's turned a corner when it comes to her separation anxiety. She'll crawl away from me now at church or the library to go explore. She also let my parents watch her without crying while Stu and I went to the movies, which was awesome! She's growing up.

I absolutely love who she is, and am excited to see the little girl she is growing into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment