December 3, 2012

Handmade Christmas

 It has been way too long since I last blogged. Sorry everyone! I've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to do anything but sew during naptime & after the girls are in bed. I'm thinking of closing my shop during the week before Christmas because there are so many things that I want to make for the girls! I'm planning on doing almost entirely homemade gifts for them for Christmas this year, except for maybe a few stocking stuffers, like a new set of markers, a new movie, etc.

One of the things I wanted to make for them was some new hairbows. I ordered some wool blend felt and hair clips off of Etsy last week. They got here a few days ago and I couldn't wait to get started! I made 3 last night and it literally took 10 minutes, I love quick projects!!

I brought them downstairs before I went to bed, hoping that Mollie would find them in the morning and be surprised. Sure enough, I woke up to her holding a hat saying, "I have something!" Inside the hat were the hairbows and she was really excited! And now I'm really excited to surprise her with many more on Christmas morning.

Here is my favorite. She says it's her favorite too... 


It looks kind of complicated, but it was actually really simple. Here is the tutorial I used.

 *She's wearing a jumper that I made her a few months ago, but never blogged.*

I'm looking forward to posting some more of the gifts I make them. Are you making any homemade gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment