March 16, 2013

Sewing For My Boy: Bias Tape Swaddling Blanket

I fell in love with this flannel fabric before we knew whether we were having a boy or a girl and was so happy that they still had it. I knew that if were having a boy, I had to make a blanket out of it! This is totally my style for boys stuff: interesting colors, a little modern, not too childish. Anyway, I whipped this blanket up last night after everyone else was asleep. 


All I did was cut the fabric into a square, use a bowl to round the edges, and apply bias tape all around  it! I could have just serged or hemmed the edges, but I love how to bias tape kind of dresses it up a little bit.










I'm looking forward to shopping for more boy fabric! I have many many many things planned for this little boy :) 


3 comments:

  1. FUN! Just saw earlier today that you're having a baby and it's a BOY! Wonderful news!!! Happy baby boy sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, and you may have to rename your blog: Little Weaver People :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my blog name :S haha.

      Delete