November 14, 2014

Our Halloween

A few weeks late, but I'm finally getting around to blogging about our Halloween. I had spent a few weeks planning and getting the kids' costumes made, and was very happy with the outcome. I think they were too!! As you can see, we had snow for Halloween. That was a shock! We didn't get much, but it was freezing. We were all in a hurry to keep moving and stay warm, so I didn't get many great pictures. As soon as I got this one of them all looking and semi-smiling, I was satisfied.

Mollie decided early on that she wanted to be a witch. I wasn't really expecting that, but I love that she chose something so classic, and it was a lot of fun to put together. I used this pattern that I found on Etsy. For the top layer of the skirt I alternated two sheer fabrics, one with embroidered bats, and one with spider webs. The underskirt and bodice was a taffeta type fabric with velvet spiderwebs.
 

It was hard to decide what Lincoln was going to be. I loved the idea of dressing as a book character, so I settled on Corduroy the bear. I just used a Simplicity pattern that had a bunch of basic baby clothing patterns, and altered them a little bit to work for the costume.


Delia of course wanted to be Elsa! I used the Simplicity pattern. It was fun to pick out the fabrics for her dress since I've never sewn anything so fancy. She loved it!
 
I had to steal a picture from my dad since I never ended up getting any full length pictures of it. She got tired of the wig pretty quick. This was taken after she'd had enough of the cold and came to warm up at Grammie's.
 
 We had a costume wedding to go to after trick-or-treating, so Stu and I had to dress up too!

I felt the same way Dede :)



Mollie braved the cold and went to a few more houses with Pappy. We didn't trick-or-treat (get as much candy) as we'd hoped, but we had fun with family and that's what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment