October 24, 2014

Halloween Sewing: Quilted Table Runner

Thinking back on my childhood, I love that my mom always decorated for each season/holiday. I think it added some anticipation and excitement that made looking forward to each holiday even more fun. Now that I have my own kids and get to experience holidays through the eyes of a kid again, I'm trying to do more seasonal decorating! 
 
I was so happy that I had enough of the fabric I used for the kids' trick-or-treat bags left to make a table runner. 

I found this table runner on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect. I wanted something that would show off the larger scale fabrics, like the cats. Sadly there was no pattern or tutorial, but I searched for a Dresden plate template and was able to figure it out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment