February 4, 2016

The Nutcracker

I've looked forward to taking the girls to see the Nutcracker ballet for a long time. This winter seemed to be the perfect year for their first show, with both girls in ballet and cousins here to join us! After looking at all of the options, we decided to go to a production being put on by a local dance school. It was important to me that the girls' be able to understand the storyline, and this one was narrated!! But the kicker was that they had a "Sugarplum Tea" before the show, where they had fancy drinks and desserts, and the kids' could meet the cast. It was perfect!
 
Of course one of the best parts about going to the Nutcracker (or any ballet) is getting all dressed up, so I had to make the girls' some Christmas dresses. I used this pattern by Ellie Mae Designs, and let them pick out the fabrics. One of the highlights of the afternoon (for me at least) was when the costume designer from the ballet complimented me on them!



















No comments:

Post a Comment