March 29, 2016

Our Easter

We had a wonderful Easter, despite Stu being away again this year. I snapped a few pictures of Evie in her Easter outfit and Easter basket goodies before church.
 

I had so much fun planning and sewing Evie's Easter dress. I used the Clara dress and bloomer pattern from one of my favorite pattern companies, Violette Field Threads. I got her beautiful headband from this Etsy shop.

Evie's shoes were made with this free pattern from The Cottage Mama.

After church we headed to my parents' house for our usual Sunday lunch together. Since we had our egg hunt and Easter celebration the day before, our actual Easter was more laid back.

I love how Lincoln's outfit turned out. In keeping with tradition, I used a vintage pattern for part of his outfit. This year it was this adorable blazer. I used a Butterick pattern from 1958 that I bought on Etsy. It wasn't for the faint of heart, but I love the outcome and am glad I pushed through the confusion :D The bowtie and suspenders he's wearing are from my Etsy shop. The rest of his outfit is store bought.

I used Violette Field Threads patterns for both of the girls' dresses as well. Dede is wearing Cosette, and Mollie's wearing Genevieve.



Dede's flower headband is from the same shop as Evie's. Mollie got a new headband too, but she exchanged it for a dried flower she took off of a tree :D




Lincoln was not feeling the picture-taking I had planned. Oh well, I still love these images.



So serious..

I don't know how I managed to get him to look into the camera for this one.

I attempted to get a picture with me and the kids :)





When we got home, I got managed to snap a few of the kids all together. It was a great day.





1 comment:

  1. loving that photo up her skirt and the little white panties

    ReplyDelete