With the new school year about to begin, I thought I'd do a recap of our 2015-2016 homeschool year. Here is a bullet list of some of the things we did:
- We learned memory verses, and Dede started learning her letters using Raising Rockstars preschool curriculum.
- Mollie finished the 1st and 2nd grade Hooked on Phonics curriculum, and became very fluent in reading. She also finished Singapore math's 1st grade curriculum, and Handwriting Without Tears 1st grade workbook.
- We participated in a weekly homeschool group at our library, where we learned about the United States. Mollie got to organize a presentation and present to our group about Massachusetts in the Fall, and West Virginia in the Spring.
- The girls took classes at our homeschool co-op. Mollie took Jazz, Ballet, Guitar Lessons, and American Girl History/Literature (her favorite!).
- The girls both learned to sew and are now capable of using my sewing machine independently! They've made countless creations of their own, and a few projects I've lead them in.
Everything is all planned and ready for another year together! I'll share what we'll be using this year soon :)