December 15, 2011

Christmas-y Stuff

We've been doing lots of Christmas-y stuff around here. Decorating, reading Christmas books, watching the vintage Christmas specials, making gifts, baking and eating sweets. I've always loved doing "Christmas stuff" to get into the Christmas spirit, but it's even more fun now that I'm shaping Mollie and Delia's Christmas memories.  There's not much I love more than relaxing with a hot drink, and I've been experimenting with different hot chocolate recipes. Here is my favorite recipe so far. It calls for a "dash" of salt, so I just estimated and probably went a tiny overboard, but I think that might be why I liked this one so much. It just seemed richer and more flavorful. Does any one have a favorite cocoa recipe?
Mmmmm peppermint sprinkles..
The ingredients for another favorite treat...
Puppy chow! I made a GIANT bowl and it was gone in 3 days..Here's the recipe I used.
I been working on Mollie's quilt on and off for the past month or so and hope to have it done to give to her for Christmas! I'm hoping to make her a couple other things that I'll post soon.
And ofcourse we've been taking a lot of pictures in front of the Christmas tree. I was inspired by this photo idea I found on Pinterest. 

1 comment:

  1. Caitlin, I LOVED this post showing the Christmas-y things you are doing with those sweet little girls. Happy memories being made.

    After seeing your hot chocolate I may just have to go make me a cup. I usually don't take time for homemade. Usually just grab a mix. But homemade is soooo much better. Yep, I gotta go have a cup.

    Love Y'all,
    MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete