March 28, 2012

Homemade Easter: Mini Drawing Book

The second thing I made for Mollie's Easter basket is this mini drawing book:
 I got the idea right here, from one of my favorite blogs, Cakies.
 It's super simple, and super cheap. Way cheaper than any notebook you could buy.
 All you need to do is cut a rectangle of paper for the outside (I used patterned scrapbooking paper), and several slightly smaller rectangles out of another paper (I just used printer paper, but you could use lined paper or construction paper too).
 Then you put all of the inside papers on top of the cover, and sew right down the middle (don't forget to backstitch!). Of course you could staple the papers together instead, but sewing it looks really neat. After I did this, I thought it would also be cute make a mini coloring book, by using free coloring pages online of some of Mollie's favorite characters, and printing them off really small. Who knows, maybe I'll try that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment