October 10, 2014

Halloween Sewing: Trick-or-Treat Bags

 
As soon as I saw this picture that The Cottage Mama posted on Instagram, I knew I had to make some trick-or-treat bags for the kids this year!! Have I mentioned the fact that I love Halloween in Michigan?! Even though I sewed costumes for the girls in Alaska, we never took the kids trick-or-treating. The idea of walking around the neighborhood in the dark and snow, probably wearing coats over the costumes I'd worked so hard on, didn't sound so appealing, so we stuck with the library storytime Halloween party. Halloween in Michigan, however, is perfection!!
 
I followed The Cottage Mama's tutorial, found here, and used a fat quarter bundle of Spooktacular by Maude Asbury with plenty to spare for other fun Halloween sewing projects.
 
  
 

Mollie chose the fabrics for her bag to match her Halloween costume. Can you guess what she's going to be?!

I convinced Delia to let me use the cat fabric for her bag, and she chose the spider web fabric.

Here's Mollie modeling Lincoln's bag since he was asleep when I took these photos. Hopefully he will be walking around by the end of the month so he can join the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment