September 6, 2012

A Denim Dress for Delia

So here is the denim dress I made Delia, to go with Mollie's. I love this dress (if I do say so myself)! It's a basic jumper style dress, but with a somewhat "hidden" kangaroo pocket on the front. 




I just love the denim and red together..




She has gotten extremely fast in the last few weeks and is getting hard to photograph!



I had to put a little toy in her pocket to get a picture of her using it :)

She thought it was pretty fun to pull find something in her pocket!


So I had an idea when I was planning these dresses for the girls. If I'm going to be making them something and photographing them in it, I might as well buy double the fabric, and then list the dresses as "made-to-order" listings in my shop. They will have new homemade dresses, and I will only have to make a dress if/when someone orders one..it's a win-win! So here is the listing for a dress like Delia's, sizes 0-3M, 6M, 12M, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. The denim dress I made Mollie is also listed here, in sizes 12M, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

Of course, I'll still make and list some ready to ship items, like boys clothing, bow ties, and girls clothing in various sizes. In fact, I'm working on a baby dress right now, using a vintage pattern. A peter-pan collar, pintucks, long puff-sleeves...it's going to be pretty cute :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment